I can’t even begin to explain how much coffee I have had in the last week or so. Coffee soothes me. It wakes me up, it calms me down. It’s my addiction. Here’s why.
When it rains it pours. This seems especially true right now. I keep meaning to post, but then when I start writing it all comes out sounding so negative that I don’t want to post anymore. Well, today I decided to post anyways. And if it sounds super negative, oh well. It’s my life.
Now I know that some people have it way worse than I do, and I count myself lucky that I have the things I do, and that my life is as great as it is. This is not a woe is me, pity me post. It’s just how my life has been lately.
First off, after I had Zoey, my Dr put me back on the birth control pill I was on after Nick since it was so effective after having Nick. Turns out, it wasn’t so effective this time around. It was making my postpartum depression and anxiety worse. I didn’t even realize that it was having a negative effect on me until I was taken off of it. (I was taken off of it since I was getting a period every 2 weeks lasting 10 days and then, since I was off it for 10 days before starting a new one, I noticed how much more stable I was feeling) I am desperately hoping the new pills work better with the postpartum than the other ones did. I need to be on the pill!
On top of dealing with hormones and emotions, I switched the kids over to cloth diapers. Now, getting started costs money. So I needed to start small. I had a friend who was selling 21 diapers, I didn’t have the money upfront to buy them but her and I worked out an agreement so that I could get them from her and pay her back over time. So right now I have Alex and Nick in cloth 99% of the time. (The other 1% is when the laundry isn’t quite done and I need to stick them in a disposable for a little bit) I have to do diaper laundry once a day right now to keep up with them. And I can’t wait until some more of my diapers come in. Zoey is still in disposables 100% of the time. One, because I don’t have enough cloth for 3 of them. And two, because I bought her a giant box of diapers and I don’t want to lose money on them so we figure we might as well go through them while we are waiting for the rest of my diapers to come in. I am loving the cloth diapers, even though it is a little more work. Nick’s rash has cleared up and hasn’t come back! This is super duper exciting to me. But this is where the one thing after another comes in.
I was in the basement on Monday doing laundry and I could hear what sounded like water running. This was confusing to me, since my washer was done and I was moving stuff to the dryer and to hang. I looked around and there was water running out of a pipe. (most of it was being caught in another pipe, for some reason there was an inch between the two pipes but I knew it shouldn’t be going through that fast as I would’ve seen it at some point in the last 2 years.)
It was 9 at night on a holiday. So we decided it wasn’t an emergency and we would wait until morning to call housing. So the next morning I call housing and the plumber comes out and fixes it. Then I continue doing laundry. My dryer decides that the vent on the back is going to come unattached and not blow the air out of the house anymore. /sigh/ So I send Hubs down and he fixes it. Then it comes off again. So we go to the store and buy some metal thing (I wish I could explain it better… it’s almost like a zip tie only metal with a screw) like this:
Yes I did need to Google that. So anyways. We got the dryer fixed. And it didn’t come apart again. But guess what? I went downstairs last night to do laundry. And there was a puddle of water under the washer. Seriously. I don’t know what’s wrong with it. It was 930 at night and Hubs said he would deal with it today.
On top of this. My kids have decided they don’t need to sleep. At least not at the same time. Zoey fights going to bed until almost 11, Alex wakes up at about midnight and is up constantly until almost 4 and Nick gets up for the day at 530.
Love, hugs and more to come later!