The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. So, what is a Liebster? The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Isn’t that sweet? Sure gives me the warm fuzzies!! (Hopefully I can be forgiven for posting multiple times a couple days in the row… I don’t like to sit on things like this if I can help it!) Blogging is about building a community and it’s a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs.
I was lucky enough to be nominated by Mummy Flying Solo. Thank you so much for the nomination! It makes me feel amazing that people are reading and enjoying my blog!!
On to the rules:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you for the Liebster Award, and link back to his or her blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions that your nominator asks you.
3. Post 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers of your own, with under 200 followers, whom you think are as awesome as you.
5. Create 11 questions for your nominees.
6. And finally… Display the Liebster Award logo on your page.
The 11 questions that I need to answer:
1. Winter or summer? Summer. I hate being cold, and I get cold super easily so Winter is no fun for me.
2. What is your specialty meal? The one you cook to impress. This is a tough one. It depends on who I want to impress. But I would have to say that it would likely be baked chicken with mashed potatoes and veggies. Not only is it a favorite of mine, but it’s easy and filling!
3. Do you clean your teeth twice per day AND floss? HAHA… no… no I don’t. I probably should, but I can hardly find time to put a bra on some days… brushing my teeth before bed is an accomplishment!
4. Have you ever tried meditation? Yes! I used meditation while I was in labor with all three of my babies and I have used it to battle postpartum anxieties as well
5. What do you read to keep your brain active? Anything and everything. I love to read and I will pick anything up. Reading the news online is part of my daily routine, and I enjoy the conversations Hubs and I have about current events.
6. What is your favourite book of all time? Hmm. This one is really tough. I would have to say Tuesdays with Morrie, or the Seven People you meet in Heaven. Both really make me think, and I have enjoyed re reading them over and over
7. If you could be stuck in a lift with someone who would it be? Not my children. I can just imagine how that would play out.. I would have no hair left by the end of it. Part of me wants to say Hubs for the simple fact it would be nice to have some alone time with him and when the inevitable anxiety hit me he is great for helping…. but then part of me wants to name someone famous, but my mommy brain isn’t coming up with anyone right now.
8. Favourite new song released this year? Either ‘Little Umbrellas’ by Sarah Darling or ‘Follow your Arrow’ by Kacey Musgraves. Little Umbrellas is bouncy and catchy, and Follow your Arrow really speaks to me about being yourself and not giving a damn what other people think.
9. Best ever holiday? Hmm. I’m not 100% sure if this post means the best holiday (trip) I have ever taken or my favorite holiday of the year… The best trip I have ever taken would have to be any of the times I came to Winnipeg with a new grandbaby for my parents to meet (I really don’t travel much). And my favorite holiday of the year would have to be Christmas. I love being around family and this is the one holiday that it seems people are willing to put their differences aside and get along.
10. The gift you enjoyed giving the most. The most recent one I can think of was this past Christmas when I gave the boys a wooden Thomas Train set for Christmas. They were so excited!! And they are ALWAYS playing with their trains.
11. Do you tell your kids about Santa Claus (or will you if you don’t yet have kids)? Yes. I am telling my kids about Santa Claus. I personally believe that it’s a great way to teach kids to believe in things, no matter how out there they seem!
11 Random Facts about myself:
1. I love to Crochet, and I am currently have a list of 8 projects I want to do
2. My favorite snacks while I was pregnant with Alex was pickles dipped in peanut butter and pretzels dipped in pickle juice
3. I have always wanted to go to Disney World and can’t wait until the kids are older so we can take them
4. I don’t like chocolate
5. But my favorite treat is Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
6. I hate doing dishes so my husband got me a dishwasher. I still have a hard time staying on top of the dishes.
7. I haven’t cleaned the bathroom since my husband and I moved in together. Our room mate had that chore and I found out I was pregnant with Alex right after she moved out and Hubs has been doing it ever since.
8. I prefer to shower then bathe. Unless I have a good book, then I love to hide out in the bathtub.
9. I hate socks and shoes and wear sandals until the snow is too deep and starts touching my toes. (and even then I will wear sandals if I am going to the car and then into a store)
10. I lied to Alex about 5 minutes ago when I told him there was no cheese left in the fridge because I didn’t want to get up and get him another piece when he still had crackers he could eat.
11. I can’t stand quiet. I always have music on in the house, even at night.
All 11 of these blogs are ones I enjoy seeing posts from in my reader. They all have less than 200 followers, and I love reading each and everyone and I encourage you to check them out!
A game of diapers
fat mom no more
Mc Crazy Daily Lessons
Fascinations of a Vanilla housewife
How to Ruin a Toddler’s Day
Chasing a Daredevil and Twins
The 11 random questions that my nominees must answer if/when they accept this award (and I hope they all do!)
1. What is your favorite breakfast food?
2. Name one place you would most love to travel
3. Which of the wonders of the world would you most like to see?
4. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 things, what would you bring?
5. What wild animal do you wish you could have as a pet?
6. How many pets do you have?
7. What is your dream job?
8. Coffee or tea?
9. Favorite TV show?
10. What is your guilty pleasure?
11. What is the first thing you would do if you won the lottery?
Whew. That wraps that up! Thanks again to Mummy Flying Solo for the nomination! Now I am off to make some supper and then bathtime and bedtime for the kids!
Love, hugs and more to come later!