I’m having one of THOSE days

Apparently the thinking things through part of my brain turned off today. After a long night where both Nick and Zoey decided not to sleep, followed by Alex getting up at 545 this morning, my day has been one of THOSE days. You know. Those days where you wonder where the hell all logic and sanity has gone. 
It started off with the decision to let the boys watch a movie in their room when they got up so Hubs and I could catch another half hour or so of sleep. Zoey was still asleep so it seemed like a good idea after the night we had. We sent them in there at about 7. They didn’t wake us up until about 815. Sounds pretty awesome doesn’t it? I thought so until the loud BANG that got Hubs and I out of bed and running across the hall to their room. Oh the site that greeted us. All the clothes out of their dresser and all over the floor. (The bang was a drawer from the dresser hitting the floor) And their curtain was on the floor. They managed to break the curtain rod (that’s the last time I buy the cheapy ones from Walmart. Went and got them a nice sturdy one today!) Thankfully we don’t leave diaper cream or powder in their room. It could’ve been worse.
From there the day seemed to get better. I brought the kids downstairs and got them breakfast and such with no mishaps (I even used the toaster!) We got them all dressed and headed into Fredericton for a curtain rod. When we got home, Hubs ran out for a couple minutes while the kids and I stayed home. I was trying desperately to get pictures to upload for a friend to show her the car seat I was selling and the boys were fighting over trains. So after asking them to PLEASE play quietly for 2 minutes so I could finish on the computer. They listened. They stopped fighting. And played quietly. I glanced up and they had their backs to me and it looked like they were sharing the trains. I took advantage of that and did what I needed to do. Enter Hubs walking in the house. And catching the boys in what they were ACTUALLY doing. Turns out they weren’t playing with trains. They got the canister of formula out of the diaper bag. And dumped it on the floor so they could play in it. Thankfully there was only enough in there for a couple bottles. It wasn’t the container I just bought. Sigh. Let me just say, formula SUCKS to sweep and mop up. It’s sticky and gross.
As if that wasn’t bad enough. I went downstairs to do some laundry. Simple enough task. Right? Not for me. Not today anyways. After almost putting the laundry soap in the dryer I forgot to turn it on. All of Zoey’s sleepers were in there. And I needed one for after her bath. (Of course I discovered this when I went down right before her bath) Thankfully, I had some clean onsies and pants that fit her, so she is wearing clothes.
Now all the kids are in bed. I tided the house. My day seemed to finally be getting a little more productive so I decided to treat myself to a glass of root beer and some chocolate. I went to grab a straw to put into my glass. And instead dropped a dishwasher tablet into my glass. (Who put the freaking dishwasher tabs next to the straws anyways??) Yummy Stuff. Glad I didn’t drink it.
Now I am going to sit and watch TV while I drink a glass of (non dishwasher soap flavored) Root Beer and eat chocolate. After a day like today, I deserve it. Hump day indeed!

Love, hugs and more to come later


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s