Our adventure to Winnipeg!

We made it! I managed to make it all the way to Winnipeg without pulling all my hair out, or losing anything! (except maybe a bit more of my mind lol!) We’ve been here for 2 weeks now. I have been a little slow on getting a post out there about our trip. But it was a memorable one for sure!!

As I think I mentioned, we were supposed to fly out bright and early on the 9th of February, but due to the weather we were delayed until the 11th. Sadly that meant we were going to be travelling at night instead of in the morning. I’m not sure if this was better or worse, I just know it’s not what I wanted to do!!

When we got to the Fredericton airport, the kids and I (sadly) said goodbye to Hubs and started our journey beginning with security. Alex was fabulous! He went through the metal detector all by himself and the whole process took us maybe 5 minutes! Thanks to some wonderful airport staff it was a quick and painless process! Once we made it through security, the kids and I walked around a little bit while we waited to board (Alex was suuuper excited and couldn’t wait!)

Before boarding was called, the kids and I were called up so we could board first and have the extra help and time to get settled (again Fredericton airport has some wonderful staff!)¬†Unfortunately I didn’t get the help I was supposed to thanks to a wonderful lady who decided to push in front of me because she had a plane to catch in Montreal (I guess she felt that if she boarded first, she would get there faster?) Once the kids and I made it onto the plane (which was fun in the blowing snow, with 2 toddlers, 3 bags and a stroller!) everyone else boarded and we waited for the deicing and to take off! Alex was really excited to be on the plane and couldn’t wait to see what was going to happen. Sadly, not much happened. We started to go towards the runway, but had to turn back as there was too much snow on the runway. So we got to get to off the plane (again with 2 toddlers, 3 bags and a stroller!) I am forever thankful to the wonderful couple sitting across from the kids and I who helped me with my bags and unfolding the stroller! Once we were back in the airport, I had a very very sad 2 year old who thought he was going to miss out on his plane ride. Finally after over an hour we were back on the plane and in the air.

After a flight full of turbulence (a blessing in disguise for me, as the turbulence helped the boys sleep the whole flight!) we finally arrived in Montreal with 20 minutes before our next flight was to take off (so much for the 2 hour layover I was expecting!) After a quick diaper change and run, it was time to get the boys back on the plane for our longer flight to Winnipeg. I am so so so thankful that the boys were so well behaved and the flight was pretty much uneventful and after a long night we arrived in Winnipeg to find my mom and brother waiting for us!

I am definitely not in any rush to make a trip like that alone, I was stressed and exhausted by the time I made it to Winnipeg! But I will be forever thankful for some of the wonderful people that helped the boys and I along our way!

Love, hugs and more to come later!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s